Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Work Is Meant To Be Enjoyable

I might be a workaholic, I don’t know.

I really do enjoy working very much. And I’m thankful that I like my job, my colleagues, my bosses and everything associated with what I do. Thankful because it’s not something that should be taken for granted. I’ve got many friends who rant and complain about their jobs every single day. Most feel miserable and unhappy, and want to leave their jobs but can’t do so because of many reasons.

I think work is meant to be enjoyable. Simply because God created work and decided that man should spend so many hours working a day, so I don’t believe He meant for it to be difficult and miserable. I do believe God wants us to enjoy our work and be happy in our jobs! Only then can we be happy people.

I am very privileged that I can work for my church and serve a community I love so much. I’ve always wanted to be a full-time church worker since young. I know that my strengths and interests lie in administration, so I’ve always wanted to be a secretary or admin person working full-time in a church. So I count my blessings everyday that I am doing exactly that now. =)

Of course, a church is like any other organisation – It’s not perfect and there are bound to be organisational and interpersonal issues. But I’ve been working in my church for the last 6 years, and I enjoy every moment. I love every one of my co-workers, my superiors and the lay leaders I work with. Not everyone’s an angel of course, but it’s been a very enriching journey so far.

My brother always tells me that he is amazed at how positive I am as a person. Frankly, I don’t see myself as a positive person. I don’t think that life is a bed of roses, or feel that everything is great in my life. I am just good at coping with whatever situation I am placed in. I guess you can say that I am adaptable and flexible. No matter where I am at, I can find a way to make myself stay happy and contented. I am glad that’s part of my DNA, because it definitely made me a easily-happy person. Come to think about it, ya maybe I am a positive person after all! =)

After the Chinese New Year holidays, the year officially starts. While we start getting into the momentum and getting busy all over again, keep that happy vibes going in your life, and perhaps make an extra effort to think positive and happy thoughts. Be amazed at what a difference that can make to your life. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment